Saturday, November 16, 2019

5 Apps I Made $$$ With In 2019 (+50 Gig Economy Apps!)

In soon to be 2020, the number of websites and apps we can use to generate income is quite high, and continuously growing.

If you're looking for a list of those type of gig economy apps, here's an excellent resource:


"Best Gig Economy Apps:
50 Leading Apps to Find Work
and Live the Gig Economy"

The link above is to an article on the Wonolo Blog, which contains an extensive and thorough list of gig economy style apps that can be used to create cash flow.

(Wonolo is a company I have signed up with on their work app, but have not yet worked through. Although I can't speak for the work experience itself, the onboarding process was very simple! I was able to complete the process through the Wonolo App in a matter of minutes.)

In this article you're reading right now, I will be covering specific work-apps and my own personal experience with them. I will begin with the most lucrative App, and work my way down to least lucrative, or "hobby" gigs.

Here are 5 apps I used to make money in 2019:

The HandyPro App

- Handy.com is an internet based house-cleaning and handyperson service. I signed up in the North Bay Area (CA), and could earn $20/hr for one-time clients or first-time gigs, and $25/hr with return jobs. The cool thing about HandyPro is that it's a nation-wide service! As a cleaner, you can receive reviews and ratings through your mandatory profile. I do find it helpful that you can take a portfolio of reviews and clients with you anywhere in the US.


I have not worked any gigs other than house and office cleaning through HandyPro, but they do offer an extensive list of home services. It only took me about 15 minutes to sign up online! I simply took a quiz that let me know if I was qualified for the position as a house cleaner, uploaded a few documents and I was ready to "claim" my first gig on the app.

The ZodiacTouch App
 - ZodiacPsychics.com is an internet based psychic-read service. As a "Psychic Advisor" you can offer various services on the site. I personally offer tarot reads, among other services. It is set up so that customers usually receive the first 3 minutes free, which is a great because these free reads do not get to give reviews. A review can only be given if a client chooses to proceed to a paid read. This seems sneaky, mostly because they don't mention this off the bat; BUT this actually helps to build a portfolio of reviews from people that chose your work, because of the way you did it. I truly can't express enough how validating this feeling is, particularly in this line of mystic work!



You can charge anywhere from $1.99 to $14.99/minute. You will receive reads as customers request them, and must perform them at that time. You do have the option of offering reads and services via instant messaging or phone call. There is a registration process, and it does take multiple days for verification, etc. This is also helpful because it helps them to build an enormous client base founded in trust between client and reader. This is an excellent way to begin to promote your work if you are unsure about how to begin in this field!

The Instagram App
 - Good ol' Insta! There have been some drastic algorithm changes since earlier days of Instagram, when our feed was chronologically based and internet traction was easier to gain. These days, however, it's said that Instagram is reworking itself from a mass marketing style of networking, to "relationship-based marketing.

ProTip - The new algorithm is said to be following these 3 principles:




I like to market several of my personal side hustles here, which has included selling homemade accessories, art, and DM or email based tarot reads, star-charts and more. Really, the possibilities are endless once you begin to use IG as a hub or directory, or even sell your products directly. (PayPal and Venmo are excellent apps for receiving verified payments!)

The Depop App
 - Depop.com all about unique and Vintage fashion! I did sell a few items on here, and it was a fun experience. It was easy enough to set up an account and profile. Heads-up, you cannot change your username! Your shopname yes, but not your @username. I feel if you are very dedicated and focused here as a Vintage Seller, there is a lot of potential to make money!

Personally, it wasn't "my thing", but I sold a few pieces and was definitely inspired by some very successful accounts on there as well.

The Etsy App/SellOnEtsy
 - Etsy.com was once a world of mainly handmade goods, but that has definitely changed in recent years! These days, I feel it is more geared toward any sort of personalized brand, still with a heavy dose of handcrafted quality items. I have made 87 sales to date, so this is definitely a fruitful endeavor if you have products to sell, and an excellent way to learn about small business through experience!



There is also the SellOnEtsy App that allows access to various account statistics, which is really helpful if you're advertising on multiple platforms and want to see what's bringing your shop the most internet traction.



(There is so much to say about Etsy! Let me know if you'd like to read a post exclusively on that.)


There are 5 Apps I Made Money With in 2019! I always appreciate feedback and topic suggestions, feel free to contact me here or on IG!

-Sunwater R.M.K.



No comments:

Post a Comment

5 Apps I Made $$$ With In 2019 (+50 Gig Economy Apps!)

In soon to be 2020, the number of websites and apps we can use to generate income is quite high, and continuously growing. If you're l...